Articles

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Guide to Managing Your EVO Battery: Intro

When I purchased my first Blackberry (technically my second, but it was an 8 year hiatus) I was appalled by the horrible battery life.  The first week with the device, the Blackberry Storm, I couldn't get through an entire day.  After a few tweaks and settling into my usual usage habits, I found I would often have half to two-thirds of my battery remaining at the end of a 16 hour day.

Now, I've moved on to Sprint's HTC EVO.  The first week has been both exciting and frustrating.  The speed, capability, and configuration options are incredible.  The battery life, however, had me seriously considering my long term relationship with this phone.  I spent many hours scouring the web for battery saving tips.  None of them really worked, at least not as well as I hoped they would.  Next I tried using Android's "Battery Use" and Spare Parts "Battery History" statistics to troubleshoot.  The results?  Not good.  I was still losing 15% of my battery meter within an hour of taking my phone off the charger.  And I wasn't even using it!!!  Sound familiar to some of you?

I was ready to send my EVO packing.  Drastic times call for drastic measures.  It was time to wipe my phone and start from scratch.

Next:  Things You Should Know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment